Thursday, May 16, 2013

A New Face in an Old Place

 After spending a bit of time in Kamio, one of the capitol systems of the New Order, I felt like returning to my home system of Brapelille. It felt like a return to home for the holidays, and a few faces from my early bumping days presented themselves once I had started permit enforcement in the ice belts.

I had no idea who cuddles was, but I'd like to meet them some day!

 Jason Tanaka is a miner I remember fairly well. After bumping his large Mackinaws, he moved over to Skiffs for his mining income. His permits are still not in line, so I kept a close eye on him. Others came to greet me too, but I was too focused on my mission: bumping bot-aspirants. My first target was Gigi Acoma.


 Prior to my declaration in Local of Gigi's violation, I attempted to start a private conversation with him but was ignored! However, the saying "let no good deed go unpunished" was playing true this night. I attempted to reach out to Gigi in good faith, and Gigi's silence was consequently punished by having his Mackinaw bumped 50km away from the belt. It always seems that after the offender's ship is moved that they now have have a reason to talk to me, and this was no different! The private conversation window popped up, and I introduced myself.


As it turns out...


 ...Gigi did know of the New Order! He had been paid a visit by the Knights of the New Order two days prior to my visit, and his Mackinaw and Capsule were both confiscated to the tune of 758 million ISK. Ouch. You can see the killmails below, provided for your viewing pleasure.


 I asked why Gigi didn't purchase a permit right after this incursion. His main argument was that we were picking on "low players."


 As anyone in EVE would well know, mining is something that new players absolutely abhor. Someone like Gigi is far from new, merely an older player looking to make some easy, boring, AFK ISK. It's a good thing the New Halaima Code of Conduct is around to put a stop to this behavior!


 In my spare time away from the set and the ice fields, I am a scholarly man. While pointing out that his recently lost mass of wealth is a clear sign of a player that should know better (First Rule of EVE: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose), a thought popped into my head. Maybe losing these implants did make him a "noob" again. Did the Agents reverse time with their simple action?


 I like to have a wide, varied discussion. Turning to the Brapelille locals, I sought an answer to this quandary. Another old face, Corrin Javalle, stepped into the intellectual fray to help me find a solution.

This is how you flex your star power.

 I immediately posed my question to him.

Disclaimer: I mistook my 'n' key for my 'm' key a few times. Pressing 'n' harder does not make it another letter.

 Corrin's thoughts on the matter cut right through any doubts I had. Gigi should have known better than to not purchase a permit. The loss of a Mackinaw, expensive implants, and every ice cycle he tried to mine were an obvious message: purchase a New Order Mining Permit ASAP. It's only 10 million ISK, and it'll save you a lot of hassle and hard thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment